Notebooks by Sakura • Designs © Allison Mackenzie
SAKURA Newsletter from Allison & Michael
Following our successful Simple Printing Workshops for Sero Zero-Waste at Tredegar House, we would like to thank Sero for the opportunity to run the workshops and also for stocking our Sakura Notebooks in their shop. Pop along to Sero Zero-Waste for your refills and browse the fantastic range of sustainable goods on offer there. (see more information below)
Abergavenny Steam, Vintage & Veteran Rally 2022
Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th June 2022 sees the return of the Abergavenny Steam, Veteran & Vintage Rally which will be held in Bailey Park, Abergavenny.
For further details of the Steam Rally • click here for the Abergavenny Steam Rally Website. and • here for advance online ticket discounts.
Sakura will be in the Craft Tent for ONE day only - on Saturday 4th June where we will have a display of original artwork, notebooks and other craft items, designed by Allison Mackenzie, available for sale on the day.
Come along and have a chat with Allison and find out more about the upcoming Paper & Fabric Printmaking Workshops with Sakura & Black Mountain Fabric to be held in Abergavenny in September 2022.
Louise Collis Landscape Artist.
Paintings - Images © Louise Collis
Food & Craft Market at Tredegar House (Saturday 9th July 2022)
Sakura & Karen O'Shea Art will be running a stall at the Cotyledon Food & Craft Market at Tredegar House on Saturday 9th July 2022 from10am-4pm with a variety of art and craft available for sale. (free entry into the market area)
For online information • click here for Cotyledon Food & Craft Markets on facebook.
Printmaking Workshops • Sakura & Black Mountain Fabric
From September 2022, Sakura will once again be collaborating with Black Mountain Fabric in Abergavenny to bring you a variety of printmaking workshops.
Paper Stencil Printing Workshop (Sunday 11th September 2022) Have a go at designing, cutting and printing a variety of items using a simple paper stencil technique.
Stencil Workshop • Image © Sakura
Lino Cutting and Print on Fabric Workshop (Sunday 18th September 2022) Design and learn to cut a lino block which you will use to print onto fabric and mount into a frame to take home.
Lino Workshop • Image © Sakura
For further details and booking information:
Call Black Mountain Fabric on 01873 858827 or drop in to the store at 29 Cross Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 5EW.
For online information • click here for the Black Mountain Fabric website. (Please note places will be limited)
Thank you very much for your ongoing support, and we look forward to seeing you at some of our activities in 2022.
From Allison & Michael Mackenzie
Please keep a regular check on our SAKURA Information page, introducing you to various Artists & Creatives, Events & Workshops, information & other useful links.
マッケンジー アリソン とマイケルより
Sakura - Onlne store on Etsy
• SakurayaDesign on Etsy
Designs & Images © Allison Mackenzie
Black Mountain Fabric in Abergavenny is a treasure trove of materials and a great place to learn or improve your sewing and crafting skills. Keep an eye on the Black Mountain Fabric facebook page for newly arrived fabrics, special offers and bargains!
• Black Mountain Fabric on Facebook
Tuffet Workshop • Image © Black Mountain Fabric
Black Mountain Fabric & SAKURA are collaborating once again with more Printmaking Workshops (Paper Stencil & Lino Fabric printing) in Abergavenny from September 2022
• WATCH THIS SPACE!
For Further Details and Bookings PLEASE CONTACT:
Louise Collis Landscape Artist.
Black Mountain Fabric
• 29 Cross Street, Abergavenny, NP7 5EW (01873 858827)
• Black Mountain Fabric Website
Paintings - Images © Louise Collis
Louise Collis is a Welsh landscape painter with a love of colour and painting outdoors 'en plein air'. When she isn't out and about with her easel, she is usually working at home or in her Abergavenny studio.
Kev F Sutherland Comic Writer & Artist.
Best known for his work on The Beano and Marvel comics and his highly motivating COMIC ART MASTERCLASSES, Kev F has gone one step further with his reimaginings of Shakespeare in the form of graphic novels. More recently he has been creating a range of Pop Star colouring books as well as blank comic books for budding comic strip artists.
Image © Kev F Sutherland
Newport Makerspace • Creudy Casnewydd
Newport Makerspace is a NEW community workshop located on the first floor of the Wastesavers Reuse Centre in Maindee, Newport, South East Wales. This exciting new makerspace comprises three workshops - Metalwork, Woodwork and Craft & Technology. With an extensive range of equipment, these facilities enable members to work and learn together in designing, creating, repairing or upcycling.
Jill Fanshawe Kato Ceramics inspired by nature.
Images © Jill Fanshawe Kato
Jill Fanshawe Kato is a Japan-trained English potter. Working from her studios in North London and Devon, she creates a magnificent array of functional and sculptural ceramics inspired by her lifelong love of nature. Jill regularly exhibits, lectures, demonstrates and teaches in the UK and all over the world.
Japan-UK Events Calendar:
Available at certain outlets in the UK:
Dancer • Maiko (s) • Waterfall - Images © Allison Mackenzie
***Please check with the outlets directly re: Closures, Stock Availability & Workshops***
- Sero Zero-Waste at Tredegar House is eco friendly and a great place to shop sustainably by bringing your own containers for refill. Check out the
Sero Zero-Waste website for their terrific range of products, as well as various food and craft workshops .
Sero Zero-Waste, The Shop Space at Tredegar House,Newport, NP10 8TW
• Sero Zero-Waste (on facebook)
- Black Mountain Fabric is a sewing & quilting shop in Abergavenny, selling a variety of fabrics, patterns, kits, haberdashery and gifts. Black Mountain Fabric also hold a number of
workshops, and classes throughout the year.
Black Mountain Fabric, 29 Cross Street, Abergavenny, NP7 5EW
• Black Mountain Fabric (on facebook)
- Cardiff Korean & Japanese Food Shop
A specialist supplier of Korean, Japanese & Chinese food stuffs. Not only do they sell all the essential ingredients for East Asian cookery, they also sell imported beers and spirits. At the back of the shop you can find a display of beautiful crockery to give your dinner party the complete East Asian experience.
CKJ Foods, 116 Woodville Road, Cathays, Cardiff CF24 4EE
• CKJ (on facebook)
- Fizzyville A unique boutique within Abergavenny Market Hall offering upcycled, refurbished, vintage, antique and contemporary furniture and homeware, with a twist!
Fizzyville, Abergavenny Market Hall, Abergavenny, NP7 5NP
• Fizzyville (on facebook)
- KimonoKimono is a treasure trove of Japanese vintage kimono and accessories as well as Chinese opera costumes.
KimonoKimono, 13 Perry Road, Bristol BS1 5BG
• KimonoKimono (on facebook)
For other SAKURA Links & Information:
FINALLY I would like to thank all of you who follow SAKURA online - on our website, Facebook, Twitter & Etsy. We sincerely wish good health and happiness to everyone.
- Thank you again for taking the time to read this email.
- マッケンジー アリソン とマイケル
- Allison & Michael Mackenzie
- If you have any relevant upcoming Art, Cultural or Educational events you would like us to include in our next newsletter please email Allison: email@example.com. We will consider the details and include them in our newsletter if we find them appropriate.
(If you wish to *add or **remove your email address please see details at the end of this email)
- Contact Us
- * If you would like to be ADDED to this email update please click on the email address below and type in your full name and email address and the text ‘Please ADD me to the SAKURA email update’
- ** If you would like to be REMOVED from this email update please click on the email address below and type in your full name and email address and the text ‘Please REMOVE me from the SAKURA email update’