Madokara (窓から) © Allison Mackenzie
SAKURA Newsletter - August 2020
It has been a long while since our last newsletter but I hope this one finds you and your loved ones well and healthy in these unusual times.
Hello again everyone. We hope this message finds you well.
First of all, knowing that many of you have met my family, I would like to give a BIG shout out to my brother Scott Ilgunas.
• Scott • Before & After - Image © Sue Ilgunas
He "Braved the Shave" for MacMillan Cancer Support on 15 August 2020, in memory of our dad, Peter Ilgunas, who passed away 30 years ago.
Following the succcess of our collaboration with Black Mountain Fabric, SAKURA is intending to team up again to bring you more printmaking workshops. (We hope to be announcing some dates later this year).
All our family and friends are really proud of him. Well done, Scott!
- With that in mind, Black Mountain Fabric in Abergavenny has already put together a number of exciting and creative workshops starting this month and running into December 2020.
Christmas Stocking Workshop - Image © Black Mountain Fabric
Jill Fanshawe Kato Ceramics inspired by nature.
Ceramic Works - Images © Jill Fanshawe Kato
Jill is currently exhibiting her ceramic works at Beaux Arts in Bath until 29 August 2020. See the Beaux Arts website link below for dates, opening hours and other details.
Louise Collis Landscape Artist.
Paintings - Images © Louise Collis
Louise has an upcoming exhibition of her paintings at ygaleri caerffili from 25 August 2020. See the ygaleri caerffili website link below.
Kev F Sutherland Comic Writer & Artist.
Bring the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre into your own living room, or organise a Comic Art Masterclass for school, college, art centre or Zoom screen near you.
FINALLY I would like to thank all of you who follow SAKURA online - on our website, Facebook, Twitter & Etsy. We sincerely hope this year will begin to turn around soon and for everyone's lives to get back to normal.
- Thank you for taking the time to read this email.
- マッケンジー アリソン とマイケル
- Allison & Michael Mackenzie
- (If you wish to *add or **remove your email address
please see details at the end of this email)
Japan-UK Events Calendar:
SAKURA Notebooks available ONLINE with ETSY:
...... Also available at certain outlets in the UK:
Dancer • Maiko (s) • Waterfall - Images © Allison Mackenzie
- Black Mountain Fabric is a sewing & quilting shop in Abergavenny, selling a variety of fabrics, patterns, kits, haberdashery and gifts. Black Mountain Fabric also hold a number of
workshops, and classes throughout the year.
Black Mountain Fabric, 29 Cross Street, Abergavenny, NP7 5EW
• Black Mountain Fabric (on facebook)
- Fizzyville A unique boutique within Abergavenny Market Hall offering upcycled, refurbished, vintage, antique and contemporary furniture and homeware, with a twist!
Fizzyville, Abergavenny Market Hall, Abergavenny, NP7 5NP
• Fizzyville (on facebook)
- KimonoKimono is a treasure trove of Japanese vintage kimono and accessories as well as Chinese opera costumes.
KimonoKimono, 13 Perry Road, Bristol BS1 5BG
• KimonoKimono (on facebook)
- Stanton House Hotel is located on the edge of the Cotswolds (Close to the M4 just outside Swindon) and open to residents and non-residents.
Stanton House Hotel, The Avenue, Stanton Fitzwarren, Swindon SN6 7SD
• Stanton House Hotel Website • 日本語
• Rosemary Restaurant • 日本語
• Jasmine Shop (open Sundays from midday) • 日本語
- Cardiff M.A.D.E at 41 Lochaber Street, Cardiff, showcases local designers and artists with exhibitions, performance and pop-up events. A place to meet and eat locally sourced food, coffee, fresh juices and cakes, it also offers an array of art and craft gifts and cards, original works and reproductions.
Cardiff M.A.D.E, 41 Lochaber Street, Roath, Cardiff, CF24 3LS
• Cardiff M.A.D.E (on facebook)
- The Riverfront - Glan Yr Afon (Newport) • The Riverfront
The Riverfront Theatre and Arts Centre is a multi functional venue situated alongside the River Usk in Newport.
The Riverfront, Kingsway, Newport NP20 1HG
• The Riverfront (on facebook)
- Cardiff Korean & Japanese Food Shop • CKJ Foods in Cardiff
A specialist supplier of Korean, Japanese & Chinese food stuffs. Not only do they sell all the essential ingredients for East Asian cookery, they also sell imported beers and spirits. At the back of the shop you can find a display of beautiful crockery to give your dinner party the complete East Asian experience.
CKJ Foods, 116 Woodville Road, Cathays, Cardiff CF24 4EE
• CKJ (on facebook)
For other SAKURA Links & Information: Click here
- Thank you again for taking the time to read this email.
- マッケンジー アリソン とマイケル
- Allison & Michael Mackenzie
- If you have any relevant upcoming Art, Cultural or Educational events you would like us to include in our next newsletter please email Allison: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider the details and include them in our newsletter if we find them appropriate.
(If you wish to *add or **remove your email address please see details at the end of this email)
- Contact Us
- * If you would like to be ADDED to this email update please click on the email address below and type in your full name and email address and the text ‘Please ADD me to the SAKURA email update’
- ** If you would like to be REMOVED from this email update please click on the email address below and type in your full name and email address and the text ‘Please REMOVE me from the SAKURA email update’